It hasn't been too bad, but so far we have encountered:
- Fairly quick labor and delivery (7 hours)
- Baby born with cord wrapped very tight (daddy didn't get to cut this time since it was an emergency) which led to delay in initial response cries (cue panicky mommy) and slightly lower APGAR scores 7/9.
- Largest baby born at 8# 6oz.
- Baby born with most amount of hair! Full head and almost jet black!
- Baby who refuses to sleep anywhere except attached to mommy. Thank you Moby Wrap! Prayed for sleep..
- Breast milk jaundice. Yellow baby! Prayed for poop..
- Very slow weight gain (our current battle). Goodbye sleep that we prayed for...now we must wake her up every two hours.
- Four year old with major anxiety that we will leave in the middle of the night again. Bedtime is fun...
- Two year old with a 48 hour fever which led to baby and mommy quarantine. Super daddy to the rescue!
All in all, it's not going exactly as expected but we love our bigger family and every single day together is a new and exciting adventure.
Next week, I'll tackle being home alone ALL DAY with three kids under 4!