Chicco has introduced a new line of feeding products for infants, NaturalFit and I am happy to have the opportunity to try them out!
About NaturalFit™ (source: www.chiccousa.com)Engineered to be responsive to the changing feeding styles of babies. Three distinct nipple shapes adapt to the specific needs of growing babies as the natural suck-swallow action develops.
As you know, we have a new baby in our family. She is just over 2 months old and is exclusively breastfed. However, with mommy needing to go back to work outside the home full-time in just a month, we have been trying to introduce her to a bottle. This has not been an easy task and all the bottles that our previous two children loved, Baby L. can't figure out how to drink out of at all! They just leave her frustrated and hungry.
Immediately upon receiving the Chicco Natural Fit line of bottles and pacifiers, I was thrilled to see the innovative designs of the bottles and couldn't wait to give them a try. Since she is just learning and less than 3 month old, we tried the Stage 1 bottle.
Product Features: Stage 1 - Squeezing
- Designed for easy transition between breast and bottle
- Wide base and soft, flexible nipple mimics mother’s breast
- Ergonomically shaped bottle is easy to hold; the wider mouth is convenient to fill and clean
- Unique angled nipple with wider, rounded base for proper neck positioning
- Twin anti-colic valves help prevent air ingestion, gas and spit-up
- Flexors at the base of the nipple enhance elasticity
- Internal ridges prevent nipple collapse
- Angled Newborn flow nipple
- Always stays full of milk, reducing air intake
- Soft Silicone is easy for baby to latch onto
- Designed for the way newborns feed
- Lips are well opened and latched onto the nipple
- This is the first bottle that I have seen with an angled nipple and it really makes sense. If you think about it, it's not like the baby nurses straight on your nipple, so an angled one likely better mimics the baby's favorite nursing position.
- Parts: There aren't a ton of extra parts. All of the anti-colic valves are built into the nipple, so you just have four parts total including the bottle's cap.
- Ease of washing: This bottle doesn't have any delicate valves that stick out of the nipple causing you to potentially ruin them if washed the wrong way.
- Accurate measurements: We have had a few brands of bottles where the ounce measurements on the side were completely inaccurate. This was extremely frustrating, especially with trying to see how much breastmilk a baby needs for the day and what may be in a bag doesn't match the reading on the bottle.
- Wide nipple: In my mind, the skinny nipple bottles just don't make sense for a baby who is breastfed. The wide nipple on this bottle allows the baby to have the same feel as at the breast.
Overall, we really love this line of bottles and pacifiers! We look forward to Baby L. transitioning through all the stages as she grows experiencing the wonderful features of each of them!