Predators and Pedophiles - Parents are concerned about these people now having easier access to little girls in public bathrooms. When I say concerned, I mean some of them are going absolutely bat-shit crazy attempting to boycott a store that grossed 19.21 billion dollars in 2015. Here's a snippet of what is says "The American Family Association is calling for a boycott of Target after the retail giant said it would allow men to use the women's restrooms and dressing rooms in their stores."
This makes zero sense for a variety of reasons, these being the strongest in my opinion:
1. Predators and pedophiles don't follow the laws of our country. Do you really think up until now they have been paying attention to the sign outside the bathroom? The answer is no. That sign doesn't deter them from entering for one second. These are people with psychological disorders. They don't give a shit about signs.
2. Do you think that pedophilia is specific to males? It's estimated that 6-12% of pedophiles are in fact female. You don't have to have a penis to be a pedophile. Or do we just not give a shit about men and boys? Or better yet, do we not think there is such a thing as same sex crimes? Duh.
3. Are you actually letting your young children in public restrooms alone? You are the parent, make better and safer decisions for your children. If your child is old enough to safely use a public restroom without you by their side, then TEACH them how to protect themselves. It's the same stranger danger crap you teach them for everywhere else. Don't talk to strangers, scream if one is trying to hurt you or touch you and run. Again...parenting 101.
4. Was there previously a scanner making sure this wasn't already happening? Nope. You and/or your child have likely already been in a bathroom with someone who is transgender and didn't even know it. And look, you didn't get raped or assaulted. Because transgender does not = predator/pedophile.
5. Do you think the Target bathroom is really that dangerous that something like this could happen to your child that easily? First, see #3. Second, you should hear the stuff that goes on in public SCHOOL bathrooms! I would put more effort into a place that I can't possibly keep an eye on my child and less on this. Trust me, it will pay off. Again, see #3. And if you are still scared, use the Family restroom provided.
That's it. Those are my top five LOGICAL rebuttals for the nonsensical outcry against Target's decision. Not to mention, that I'm guessing 99% of those boycotting this will be in their local Super Target, ordering a Venti Mocha Latte and filling their cart with all the Target Dollar Stop shit they can, by the end of next week. Better yet, they'll be sending their 3 year old girls alone into the bathroom at Wal-Mart because they don't have this policy, which is scary, yet makes me happy that they won't be in my way at Target.
Happy Hump Day!